The title of the Association shall be the Old Paludians Association
Purpose of the Association
The purpose of the Association shall be to:
- organise Annual Reunions of former pupils and past and present staff of Slough Secondary School, Slough Grammar School for Boys, Slough High School for Girls, Upton Grammar School, Slough Grammar School and Upton Court Grammar School
- produce an Annual Newsletter for Members giving news of Members.
- support Members trying to contact former school-friends.
- maintain a website for the benefit of Members and prospective Members.
- raise funds to cover the running costs of the Association.
- raise funds towards the cost of Speech Day Prizes for the School and for the School Library, or any such gift as may be appropriate in consultation with the School Principal.
The Association shall be non-political and non-sectarian.
Membership shall be open to former pupils and present and past staff of Slough Secondary School, Slough Grammar School, Slough High School, Upton Grammar School, Slough Grammar School and Upton Court Grammar School.
Membership shall be by Life Membership only. Former Pupils will be asked to make a one-off payment for the Life Membership subscription current at the time of their joining. Honorary Life Membership shall be open to all present and past members of the Staff.
All members shall have equal voting rights.
The Principal of Upton Court Grammar School shall hold the honorary post of President of the Association.
The Committee shall consist of the Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and six other elected members. All committee members must be Members of the Association. Seven Members shall constitute a quorum at a Committee Meeting.
The Committee shall organise a joint Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Reunion to be held in March or April of each year. Members shall be notified either by post or e-mail. Thirty members shall constitute a quorum at an AGM.
The Committee shall be elected annually at the AGM, but may co-opt up to two members during the year.
The Secretary shall maintain minutes for the AGM and for Committee Meetings. The Secretary shall present the AGM Minutes at the subsequent AGM.
The Treasurer shall maintain a bank or building society account on behalf of the Association. The Treasurer shall maintain accounting records for each financial year, which will run from 1st January to 31st December.
The Accounts shall be examined by a Financial Examiner who is not a member of the Committee and who is appointed annually at the AGM.
The Treasurer shall present the Examined Accounts in written form at the AGM.
The Newsletter Editor shall prepare an annual newsletter for distribution in March or April of each year. The Newsletter will be distributed to Members by hand, post or e-mail.
The Webmaster shall maintain the website ( www.oldpaludians.org ).
Alterations to the Constitution may be made only by a resolution at the AGM passed by a majority of seventy-five per cent of those members present and voting. Members shall be notified of any alterations at least one month in advance of the AGM.
Any changes to the Life Membership subscription shall be agreed at the AGM by a simple majority of those present and voting. Members shall be notified of any proposed alteration at least one month in advance of the AGM.
The Association may be dissolved only by a resolution at the AGM passed by a majority of seventy-five per cent of those members present and voting.
At such time as the Old Paludians Association ceases to function:
- all outstanding debts shall be paid, the accounts closed and all residual monies donated to Slough Grammar School specifically for the purchase of additional books or other items for the School Library.
- all record books and properties shall be passed to the archivist at the School or to the County Archivist.
The above Constitution was formally adopted by the AGM at Reunion 2003.
Where the Committee is discussing changes to the Constitution for presentation to the Membership at the next AGM, such potential changes will be recorded below for information only. These changes will have no effect until and unless formally approved by the AGM with the appropriate majority.
No changes foreseen, as at 26 May 2004
Updated for school name change 2 July 2015